MY LITTLE NEGOTIATOR.
Justin is a boy that likes to get what he wants. He has been practicing his bargaining skills a lot lately. Whenever he asks me to do something he doesn't let up until he gets what he wants. I have a hard time saying no to this kid. I am in trouble. Here is a typical conversation.
Justin: "Mommy - Can I have a sucker?"
Me: "We'll see . . . "
Justin: "Can 'We'll see' mean yeah?"
I am embarrassed to say 9 times out of 10 I cave and give him the sucker.
It's not just with "We'll see" - it's with any response I give that isn't a yes. I can say "In a second" and it's followed by, "Can 'in a second' mean yeah?" Same thing goes with "Maybe later" and even if I say "NO!" he pleads, "But can 'NO!' please mean yeah?" He doesn't give up easy and is very persistent. So, wish me luck with this little negotiator. If he weren't so dang cute it might be easier to stay the solid disciplinarian I clearly am not. But, for both of our own good I'm thinking I'd better start trying a little harder.








3 comments:
I had to laugh at this! My youngest doesn't negotiate, he just outright expects to get whatever he wants and will pull his cutest face or expressions out to get it. I am sad to say he gets 99 % of what he wants. And not just from me, but EVERYONE! I am in some serious trouble! Good luck!
Oh dear...should I even admit that my kids think "We'll see..." really means "NO"? I didn't even realize it until our middle son asked for something one day and I said, "We'll see..." Our oldest then said, "Sorry dude. That means no." :::GASP:::
Happy New Year 2010 from Philadelphia, and am happy to be able to see these pics of those oh so beautiful children for the first time. It seems Michelle is describing Justin as I know and love Chad. Four children for two very lovely parents; that's just fine. XOXOXOXOX Nana
Post a Comment