
Well, it's back to school time and this year all 3 kids are in school! I don't quite know what to do with myself. I have 2 days a week with free time to do whatever I want!! I must say it is wonderful - even if it doesn't last long. Truth is I miss these 3 crazy kids while they are gone and love when I get to pick them up and bring them home for the day.

School started for Tyler and Julia on August 10th this year. The night before school I always let them make their own special menu for dinner and this year we had quite a buffet of random foods. We had "Daddy's grilled chicken," noodles, caesar salad, corn on the cob, and "Mommy's brownies" with ice cream for dessert. It was quite a feast!

Here are Tyler and Julia on the first day of school. I love having Tyler at school with Julia this year. He definitely watches out for his little sister for us and is very patient and loving with her. I've said many times that Tyler is the perfect older brother. He sets such a good example for our kids and is just a genuinely good boy. Justin sure does miss his brother and sister though. He still asks every morning, "Mommy, where is Tyler? Where is Julia?" I tell him they are at school and he then asks, "Can we go pick up Tyler and Julia now?" pretty much all day until they come home.

Julia started Kindergarten this year!! She goes all day and LOVES every second of it! I thought for sure it would be a hard adjustment for her, but I think it was harder for me. I was so excited to see her after her first day and imagined her running to me with open arms. Well, she barely even seemed to notice me and couldn't wait to go back the next day. She has been having so much fun making new friends and has a great teacher.

Here's Daddy giving her a goodbye kiss before she heads off for her big day. It's a good thing she has a big strong Daddy like Chad, because he may need to start scaring the boys off already. On day two of school Julia came home and informed us that a boy in her class told her he wanted to marry her. She was puzzled because "all day long whenever I looked at him he was just staring at me and smiling." I think we may be in trouble.

Tyler is in Fourth Grade this year!! He is having a great time at school, too. Lots of homework this year, but he is such a good student. He has a lot of his friends in his class and also has a great teacher. Only two more years and he's off to middle school. Can't believe how fast my little boy is growing up!

Little Justin started going to preschool 2 days a week for about 2 1/2 hours. He is going to the same preschool Julia went to last year. He loves getting to go to his "own school" after dropping his brother and sister off at school most of his life. His highlights so far have been, "playing on the playground, cutting with scissors, playing with playdough, and playing with the trains." He has about 10 kids in his class and 2 wonderful teachers. He had an open house the week before where he got to go check out his classroom and play. He loved the puzzles . . . .

. . . . and loved seeing his name on the bulletin board.

Daddy got him ready and took him on the first day. He had to take his "Cars" backpack with him so he could be just like Tyler and Julia.

By far the hardest part for me being a mom is letting my kids go little by little. Although I wish I could keep them to myself forever and always have them stay young and innocent like they are now - I know that cannot be. I know that even though this little stage in life seems perfect - the future will also be filled with many fun times and I hope to have many moments where they will make me proud. But, for now I am enjoying my little boys and my little girl. I am also eagerly awaiting our new little daughter and can't wait to see what she will be like. Although it's not always easy, I love every day I get to spend with my children and love being a mom. It's by far my best accomplishment ever!
1 comment:
I can't believe you have all of them in school now! Fun for you- at least for the next month or so! :)
Their dinner choices sound delicious!
Post a Comment