Chad, Tyler, Julia, Justin and I are proud to announce
the arrival of our little girl . . . .
Katelyn Ruth Cherrington
She was born Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 3:45 p.m. She was 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 inches long. Her name was chosen by her dad and he wants to call her Kate. The kids begged us to name her Katelyn, too. Her middle name, Ruth, is after her Grandma Janet Ruth and Janet's mom Ruth Johnson Garrick. She is just beautiful and we all can't stop staring at her. She is definitely straight from heaven and fills our home with much joy in just the short time she's been here.
Okay, but truth be told, I am in a bit of a panic that I have 4 kids now. I am currently speed-blogging - facebooking - emailing - breastfeeding - and eating while Chad is with the 3 kids at a wedding reception. I have needed to announce this blessed event, but have had no time at all to do it. :) So, the details will be small at the moment, but know I have every intention to post more later on. Just wanted to get some pictures on here to show her off. I truly have never been happier than I have been the last couple of days - surrounded by family and bonding with my new daughter. I feel so blessed and overwhelmed emotion and gratitude. Just ask Chad . . . I can't stop crying. But, they are definitely tears of happiness.
Here are some quick pictures of little Kate's arrival.
Here I am at the beginning of October - off to teach my last class at the gym. I am usually so against taking pictures of myself pregnant. But, everytime I finish and don't have any pictures of my belly I regret it. So, this time Tyler snapped some for me before we headed out the door. Justin is being his usual silly self. He is such a mini-Chad. It's hilarious!!
Here are Chad and Tyler the night before we went to the hospital. They love playing Rock Band together and are both very good at it. It's so fun to watch them jam to old Journey and hear Tyler belt out "Eye of the Tiger."
I will never forget all my children's births and the moment I was able to see them for the first time. Here are Chad and I right as Kate was born. It always amazes me how miraculous that moment is and how, although I always wonder how I will feel, I am just instantly in love.
My brother TJ snapped this picture of her adorable little feet as she was getting her hand and footprints. They are so teeny and I can't stop taking a little peek at them.
To say Julia is a proud big sister is definitely an understatement! She can't get enough of her baby sister and has said, "Oh, she's just so cute!!" no less than 100 times. They are going to have so much fun together and Julia - being the girly-girl she is - will be dressing her up like a princess in no time.
Here we are when she is less than 24 hours old. We both look a little sleepy. We delivered at the hospital that is about 2 minutes from our house this time, so I had lots of visitors and Chad was able to bring the kids back and forth a lot.
Here we are ready to go home. The kids were very helpful getting everything ready to go and Tyler was so concerned about his baby sister on the way home. He is a big helper already and is so protective of her. Chad and I are still trying to absorb the idea that we now have 4 kids. Seems like just yesterday Tyler was being born.
Here is little Kate in her car seat. She is definitely ready to go home and take a nap with her Mom.







4 comments:
We are so excited for the safe arrival of baby Kate. She fits just perfectly into your family of FOUR! Wow! I am so glad everything went so smoothly and I can't wait to get my hands on that little bundle of sweetness again.
That night after we visited you in the hospital, all I wanted to do was snuggle my baby Mackenzie for hours. I got so emotional at how fast those first few months fly by. Try to slow down and just enjoy her. My philosophy is to go ahead and spoil her by holding her too much. It's the best! We sure love you guys and your family. We are so excited to have a cute new cousin to play with. (By the way, that is not a very good maternity picture of you...you don't even look pregnant!).
Yeah seriously THAT is your pregnancy picture??! You are dressed to go teach an aerobics class and looking all of maybe three months pregnant! You are simply beautiful!
Kate is so adorable and I am wishing I was there to snuggle her yummy baby self. Congratulations!
No kidding Michelle! You looked so amazing for being 9 months pregnant!!
Your baby is beautiful and perfect! I'm glad everything went well. I can't wait to see more pictures of her!
Congratulations!!
Chad - you are the coolest Dad ever. And you look fantastic. Your family is so lucky to have you!!!! Michelle - you look hot.
Post a Comment