Here are the kids getting ready for their big hunt. In between rounds they played with TJ and Carrie's dog Sandy. We hunted for the eggs more than once. The kids would find them and rehide them after they counted them. They loved it!
Julia got a basket filled with candy and a storybook write on and illustrate herself. She has been working on it and I must say her writing skills are impressive.
Tyler got a brand new bag for his baseball equipment and lots of eggs, too. None of the kids were very excited for any pictures and thus, I have no cute group picture of them in their Easter clothes. I think it is the first year I haven't done it and may have to have a make-up session later on. My mom would be very disappointed. :)
However, after whining about a group shot, somehow they perked up and begged me to take their picture when Tyler had the clever idea of putting their empty baskets on their heads. So silly!We then headed to Janet's house for a lovely and delicious Easter dinner. The food was too good! Janet made homeade orange rolls and fudge eggs and we had ham, potatoes, salad, vegetables . . . . the list goes on. After dinner Janet led a cute program for the kids - as always.
Then it was time for the Easter egg hunt! We broke the kids up into two different groups because our family is just getting so big! Here are some of the little ones with their baskets.
The older kids searched for their eggs outside. Janet fills each egg with either candy, some money, and most of them have a sweet saying inside from Grandma about the Savior or family or little advice she has for the kids. She puts a lot of work into it and we always leave the house looking like a tornado hit it. I love celebrating Easter! I love remembering all the Savior did for us when He lived on this Earth, feeling gratitude for the Atonement, and feeling peace knowing that He willingly did all these things for all of us because He loves each and every one of us. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter, too!







1 comment:
Very cute post...glad you are back! This season was all about Easter egg hunts at our house too...I think I lost track of how many hunts they went on! The more the merrier, right?!
Post a Comment