Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bloggin in 2009 . . . .

. . . . just hasn't been happening for me. It's always on my list of things to do, but I just haven't gotten to it. I am shocked it is almost mid-April!! So, before any more time flies by I need to catch up on what has been happening in the Cherrington family.
LOTS OF VISITS FROM THE TOOTH FAIRY

At the beginning of the year Julia lost 3 teeth in one week! She looked so cute with her toothless smile and come to find out her cousin Mason - who is a week older than her - lost his 2 front teeth, too. So, of course we had to capture them in all their toothless glory!

BOYS WILL BE BOYS

Tyler and Justin have been having a fun year together. As Justin gets older they have more and more things to do. They are always wrestling, playing basketball, playing baseball and often can be found tormenting their sister, as I remember my brothers doing to me. Well, maybe it was the other way around. Nonetheless, I love my boys and that Justin has such an amazing big brother to look up to.

DANCING AT CARDINALS' STADIUM


In February Julia and her cousin Madison danced with the Arizona Sunrays at the Hard Rock Gymnastics Invitational. They loved every second of it and did a fabulous job with their "I Love Lucy" dance. I think it was a little nostalgic for Chad. He went to many meets for his sisters Natalie and Kim and loved cheering them on.

A "BIG BOY BED" FOR A BIG BOY

In February we spontaneously took down Justin's crib (yes, I cried) and put up Tyler's old bed in his room. We were pleasantly surprised that he slept in it pretty good. The first night he cried a lot, but he never tried to get out of it, which was a miracle. I still have to remind him he's allowed to get out of his bed by himself when he wakes up. He's not a fan of having his big boy bed yet. He still cries for his crib. One day he came to me sobbing and said, "I'm just so sad that my crib is lost!" Apparently he was a little more attatched to it than I thought. But, our baby is growing up whether we - or he - like it or not.

DINOSAURS, DINOSAURS, DINOSAURS

Tyler has been studying dinosaurs in the 3rd grade. They have done so many exciting things to learn about them. They made their own fossils, dug up fossils, made huge folders with anything you would ever want to know about a dinosaur, visited a dinosaur museaum, and lots of other things. They spent months on it and Tyler loved it all. Their final project was a report that was displayed in the classroom for an open house at his school, which Tyler is showing off above. I say all the time that Tyler is smarter than me already. Just ask him about the mesozoic era and you'll see. He's like a walking encyclopedia!

CUTE AS A BUTTON

Justin continues to keep himself very busy. In the course of a day he moves from one activity to another and is always doing something. He plays his own little baseball games, pulls out games from our hall cupboards, looks on the computer all by himself (it is hilarious), loves watching Mickey Mouse, likes to read books "all by himself," and occasionally he will crash for a nap - althought that doesn't happen as often as I wish it would. He has started taking swimming lessons and loves them. He loves having his "own class" since he is always the spectator - watching his older brother and sister do all their different activities. Lately he has been my little cuddler. He is actually sitting on my lap as I type this. He always comes up to me with his lips puckered and says, "Mama - give me a kiss." My other favorite thing is when he comes up to me with his little arms reaching up and says "I wanna hold you." I just love it and love him at this age! He is such a sweet boy!

BASKETBALL CHAMPS

Chad coached Tyler's basketball team at the Village at the beginning of the year and they ended up winning the championship game!! I wish I could post the post-game dance Tyler did after their victory. It was classic! It was very exciting - a very close game - and Tyler played awesome along with his teammates. Chad is such a good coach and the kids all love him. He still continues to play himself and hasn't lost his skills. :) He plays at least once a week and loves it. Although I must admit I get nervous everytime he goes to play hoping he doesn't roll his ankle or worse.

PINEWOOD DERBY 2009

Tyler had his Pinewood Derby at the church in March. He had an awesome car, but the track was terrible. The cars kept rolling all over the place. He was a great sport about it and it didn't phase him at all. He is having fun in Scouts and is working on his Bear this year.

SPRING BREAK IN DISNEYLAND

We decided to brave Disneyland for Spring Break. I think we got there right before all the massive crowds hit and we actually got tons of rides in! We went with our little family, TJ, Carrie and their girls, and my parents. The weather was beautiful and we all are just loving our season passes.
Justin's favorite ride is Small World. As soon as it is over he asks, "Can we go on it again?" He talks about it all the time!
He also loves seeing "Kachow" and Mater. He loves cars and carries them around everywhere he goes.
Grandma and Jido treated the girls to a dinner with the Princesses, which was heaven to them. They got to see all their favorites and still get so excited about it. It's so fun to see their little faces light up when they come by.

So, that's a wrap for now. We are going to have a "boys night" and head to the batting cages. Julia is sleeping over with her cousins Madison and Cali, so we are eliminating all things girly. :) Hope to be back soon and I vow to be better at my my blogging. Until next time . . . .

1 comment:

Mom said...

Really cute post, Michelle. I can't believe all the things the kids are doing - I didn't know Tyler's basketball team won the championship! I wish I could see more of them...when is Julia's next dance recital??? I don't want to miss it. :)