1. MOVIES! I got to go see 3 movies in 3 days!! This was very exciting because I rarely go see movies anymore. The first night the girls went to see "Twilight." I hadn't read the book and was a little confused, but it was pretty good. Second, we saw "Bolt" - such a cute kids movie. I would recommend it, although Chad slept through most of it. :) Then the grand finale was "Australia." I LOVED it!! I would go see it again today and it's almost 3 hours long. Here are the kids during their movie time. They watched "WALL-E" while we went to see "Australia." They love that movie and I don't quite understand why.
2. Lots of games - Guesstures, Battle of the Sexes, cards, bowling and our favorite DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION. Tyler pretty much dominated in that game, but we all took a turn. I am the first one to admit I'm terrible at it, but it was so fun to watch everyone try it. All the little kids jumped and danced around and were the "background dancers" and even little Cali and Justin took a turn on the dance mat.

3. Playing in the snow!!! Nothing excites the kids more than chucking snowballs at their dad. They had a blast with their mini snowball fight - and then we all ran in the house because we were FREEZING!!



4. Shakin' some butter. The kids made homemade butter for our Thanksgiving feast. Tyler had done this at school and loved it. It tasted really good on the homemade rolls and I think we'll have to do it more often.

5. The kids and their hats. They had a thing for hats this weekend.

6. Black Friday at Walmart. Carrie, Janet and I went to Walmart at 6:30 in the morning to get some good deals. It was quite an experience and we all rolled right out of bed to do it, so I'm sorry to say we don't have a picture to capture the moment.
7. Yoga with daddy. Chad had to do his daily yoga and the kids joined right in. It is quite a sight to see. Julia is like a contortionist, Tyler knows all the poses, and Chad is surprisingly bendy. Even Justin joined in, but mainly to climb all over Chad while he was trying to hold his poses.

8. Glitter balls, sugar cookies, and more. The kids made glitter ornaments - a yearly tradition with Grandma Candace. We also decorated sugar cookies.


We all had such a wonderful time this Thanksgiving and felt very grateful for all we are blessed with in our family.







2 comments:
I think this is a wonderful post Michelle. Even though no one else will comment on it - I loved it - I loved all the pictures and the beautiful words. Thanksgiving was extremely fun and I am glad you posted this.
You're silly. Your post is better. :) You will definitely be writing the "Christmas Ditty" this year.
Post a Comment