By the way, thanks Mom for allowing me to leave the house dressed like this. What is up with the shorts? Were we really comfortable like that? I especially enjoy my Little League baseball cap and my white knee high socks and white high tops. Absolutely dreadful. Anyway, many things have changed in the last couple of months in the world. And, I thought I would weigh in on them.
1. In the span of a week, Julia, my precious little sweetheart girl, has lost about half her weight in teeth. I call her toothless and I am pretty sure that coupled with this economic downturn, the Tooth Fairy will probably be filing Chapter 7 soon to seek protection from creditors. She is extremely cute though, and I will post pictures when they become available.
2. Church time has changed from the worst time in the world at 1PM to the best time in the world, 9AM. I guess it depends on your point of view. Michelle feels exactly the opposite. I enjoy getting up early by myself to head off to meetings knowing that I will be home by noon to enjoy the rest of the Sabbath. Michelle???? Not so much. In her defense, she has to get 4 people ready, I only have myself to worry about.
3. The Arizona Cardinals are in the Super Bowl! As I type that, I have to actually pinch myself to make sure that it is still true. There is no statement that has ever been uttered that is more strange to say than that one. The Cardinals??? The Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl??? As I have thought about it, this is the first time in my entire life that I have actually cared about who wins the Super Bowl. I have never been much of an NFL fan but the Valley of the Sun is on fire with Cardinal fever. We are definitely looking forward to Sunday's game. Good thing everyone is paying attention to the Cardinals - takes the focus off of the Suns. (See Item 5)

4. Glenn Beck has made the jump from CNN to Fox. I have watched every one of his shows the last couple of weeks - he is quite the entertainer. Although I tend to agree with a lot of what he says, he is a little too gloom and doom for me. He doesn't seem to be able to put a positive spin on anything. He is, however, a brilliant interviewer. His interview with soon to be ex-Governor Blagoyevich (sp?) was pretty classic. He laid into Orrin Hatch pretty hard for voting to confirm Timothy Geithner, the tax cheater. Anyway, it's a good show, but he is no Bill O'Reilly.

5. The Phoenix Suns are pathetic. I hate their new coach. I hate how apathetic Amare Stoudemire has become. I hate that Steve Nash doesn't have long hair anymore. I hate that we lost to the Bobcats by 30. (Lakers lost to the Bobcats too, but somehow that doesn't make me feel as good as it should.) I hate that my favorite player on their team is a white dude with a ponytail. (See below) Most of all, I hate that I still think that if they make the playoffs, they could be a force to be reckoned with - especially with the unbelievable play of Shaq. Am I crazy?
6. American Idol has begun. No real standouts for me yet - except of course for the girl who couldn't pronounce trachea or larynx and "sang from the wrong rectum". There is a young man from Taylorsville, UT who was on the new LDS youth video "A Brand New Year" - 16 year old Samoan-looking kid who can sing that is on his way to Hollywood. I don't like the new judge, she is annoying. Simon is better than ever.

7. New television shows are here!!! "24" started out fantastic and has fizzled for me in the last few episodes. "Lost" was just plain weird and I am more Lost than ever. My favorite show right now is still Prison Break and I am eagerly awaiting its return. House has been excellent as well.
8. On Monday, after two years of waiting, I purchased a new Blackberry and I couldn't be happier with it. I had that old dog for so long and I thought that I was going to miss it - not so. I even was able to trade it in the old one for a Bluetooth earpiece. I swore to myself I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of these things, but I am now a believer. I am the idiot talking to myself in the car. My wife thinks I am a nerd, but I don't care - not about this one anyway.
9. Finally, I thought I would comment on our new President. Last Tuesday, Mr. Barack H. Obama was sworn in as the 43rd President of the U.S., sort of. He has been in office for only about a week now, and quite frankly, with all the media coverage and the $120 milllion inauguration, it sure seems a lot longer. I am worried for the man. There is no man on earth that could live up to the expectations that have been given to him. I worry about his foreign policy and the closing of Gitmo. Even though he has started his administration by trying to govern toward the middle, I fear that soon enough we will refer to Mr. Obama as the NASCAR President - always turning left. I pray for him everyday - he is now our President, like him or not, we need to support him and pray for him that he will make wise decisions. I firmly believe that never have a US President's decisions been more important than right now.

I hope that January has been kind to you all and that you have enjoyed my rantings and ravings. Our family is doing well, we are all healthy and happy and look forward to seeing all of you, whoever you are. When I post again, I could be talking about the World Champion Arizona Cardinals!!! (pinch, ouch, pinch, ouch, pinch, ouch, ad infinitum) Go Cards!







2 comments:
Excellent post, Chad. You are so well-informed on so many subjects - and I agree with you on all of them except for the sports - uh, I am of course clueless. Nice to have such a well-spoken son - you should be a writer. Can you tell I am an unbiased mom? :)
Uh - and I am also clueless on the tv shows - except for American Idol. I think there are better contestants this year than any year that I can remember - enjoyed the positive comments on SLC too.
Post a Comment