Monday, November 24, 2008

And The Winner Is . . . .


After years of watching her big brother Tyler get trophies for basketball and baseball Julia was thrilled to earn one of her own. On Saturday she and her cousin Madison were in their first little dance competition. They did a dance to a mix of the theme from "I Love Lucy" and a little Mickey Mouse song and won first place in their age group! They helped earn the shiny trophy for their dance studio and got red ribbons to take home.

Here they are walking to perform with their teacher Miss Carolyn. She is so cute with the girls and they just adore her!

And of course they were very eager to pose in their cute "Lucy" costumes. I had a hard time getting Julia to take it off when we had to go home. And, after Miss Carolyn did her hair in that little side bun she wants to wear it like that everyday.

Here Julia and Madison are celebrating. They were very excited! The girls had a blast and I'm very proud of them.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Congrats Julia! You are both beautiful and talented. What cute costumes! Savy is in dance at her preschool but I haven't gotten her into any "real" dance schools since we've moved here! Next year.