Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where Did Tyler Go?

Looking back at our blog I'm realizing Tyler has been missing from it lately. Maybe because he's been a busy boy with 3rd grade! So, I decided to follow him with the camera yesterday (which he didn't always love) to capture a day in the life of Tyler James.

After going to school all day Tyler had a friend over for awhile and then of course needed his favorite after school snack - leftover spaghetti from dinner last night. He is a growing boy you know and has quite the hearty appetite. Sometimes I can barely keep up with it!

At 4:00 it was off to basketball practice. He worked so hard there and was the fastest runner there when they were running laps around the court. It was so fun to watch! He loves playing basketball and is lucky to have Chad as his coach again for games on Saturday. Of course I had my camera in my purse, but forgot to capture a picture of him in action on the court. So, when we got home he showed me some of his best moves. It was quite the photo shoot - at his request. Here's one of the many - him ready for a chest pass. :)

We had to leave basketball a little early. By 5:00 we were off to cub scouts . . . Tyler had fun there with his friends and worked on some little project - passed off a few things for his "arrow points." It was a quick, but productive little trip.

We got home - he hit the showers - and it was onto homework. For some reason he wanted to stand while he was doing it. I kept asking him to sit, but I guess he was a little fired up from the days activities.

Then, of course, it was time to practice piano. Tyler is so lucky to have Grandma Janet come teach him. She has been teaching him since a little before he started kindergarten. She does such an amazing job and I know it's not exactly on her way home from work so we appreciate it so much!!

Tyler LOVES to read in his little reading corner in his bedroom. He reminds me so much of my brother David when he reads - they both have a hard time putting a book down. We often find Tyler up late at night - sneaking reading books in his bed. When I go to wash his sheets I'll often find about 5 books shoved under his covers.

Very soon after he hit his pillow he was fast asleep. I still love peeking in on my kids once they've given in to sleep for the night. Sometimes when I go in Tyler's room I can't believe how old he looks laying there! He's growing up so fast and is such a sweet and obedient boy. I'm so proud of him and all of his talents and mostly his desire to do what is right. He works so hard at everything he does and his dad and I feel blessed to have him as our son.

5 comments:

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Nice effort Mommy. Tyler is an excellent boy. Everybody should have a Tyler. That's how I feel about it.

Mom said...

Such a cute post about Tyler. He definitely is one of a kind - a calm, sweet and obedient little boy.

Carolyn said...

Such a sweet post Michelle! I am going to show this to Ty so that he can see what a good boy Tyler is. That is awesome that he loves to read!!! I would sit in that comfy glove and read all day too Tyler (Where was it when I was reading the Twilight Saga???) Wish I had one too! :) Keep up the good work with all that you're doing and Keep Practicing the Piano! Practice makes perfect...Hahaha Something that I didn't learn all the 11years of lessons.

Shannon said...

What a sweet post. I wish my kids would have my love for reading but so far no one shows any signs :( He has a busy day - and how fun to have Janet teach him piano! The time he gets with her alone is invaluable!

Carrie Hazar said...

I love it! He is such a doll and we all adore Tyler at our house, even though Madison says he teases her and Julia sometimes. He is a good older brother figure for my girls since they don't have one. It is so fun to be close to him and it has been a joy to watch him grow up. I can't believe that he is turning into a little man all of a sudden!! How sad!