Sunday, October 26, 2008

DISNEYLAND!!!!


I don't know where to begin to describe all the fun we had at Disneyland!! We went at the beginning of October with our friends the McCormicks and my family. We had never been at Halloween and hadn't seen it all decorated. It was amazing and there were pumpkins, candy corns, and all kinds of Halloween fun everywhere we went. I loved it!!! Tyler loved that the sign for California Adventure was painted like candy corns. As soon as he saw it he said, "Now that's really clever." So, of course we had to get a picture by the C.


Justin had to carry his "Baby Mickey" wherever he went. He calls him "Baby Mickey" because this is his travel size version. He has a bigger one at home and he sleeps with both of them every night. Wherever he went if Baby Mickey wasn't by his side he panicked and said, "Where's Baby Mickey?" And, of course he had to wear his "Cars" sunglasses, too.

One of our first stops was the Mad Hatter. Chad's family has many cute pictures of the girls - and even some of Chad - trying on the hats there. So, to keep up the tradition alive Julia and I had some fun in there. We also got her a cute Tinkerbell hat and Justin a Mickey hat. I really need to be careful at Disneyland. I always think I'm just going to browse through a store and then end up coming out with something I know I really didn't need to buy. Luckily I have Chad to keep me in line. :)

Surprisingly Justin was terrified of ALL the rides! He cried as soon as he got on them until the time he got off. He is scared of the most random things. I thought he would at least like Dumbo so he, Julia and I waited in line. When we got into the Dumbo he screamed and cried the whole ride at the top of his lungs. We were stuck on there - flying through Fantasy Land and were quite the site.


There were few things he went on that he did like. He LOVED Mickey Mouse's house in Toon Town!! He is obsessed with Mickey Mouse and this was heaven to him!


He also loved meeting the Winnie the Pooh characters. We stood in line there a couple of times - which I didn't mind because I got some of my favorite cookies at the Pooh Corner bakery.

He also loved the petting zoo they had there - really random.

And, of course he LOVED having his first little girlfriend - our friends' daughter Capri - at Disneyland with him. They could often be found holding hands and chasing each other around. Very cute!


We cannot visit Disneyland and not go see the Princesses. Julia, Madison and Cali got to see Mulan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Princess Minnie. They were in Princess Heaven! After meeting them they did the Princess Coronation and danced around with all the princesses. It was so fun to watch. Julia was so serious about it. Tyler and Reid were watching laughing and Reid even whispered to Tyler, "Can you believe it Tyler? Julia is a real Princess!" They were not so thrilled when Chad suggested they dance around the May Pole that had ribbons hanging off of it with the girls. But, they were good sports and did it anyway. Justin was of course off to the side crying and refused to take part in any of it.

My mom always coaxes all of us to get together for a family picture. It happens every time we get together. We all give her a hard time about it, we whine and complain, but she insists on it and we know that by doing it we would make her entire trip. So, we all get together and smile. And, I must admit, I am so glad we have the pictures afterwards. They turned out good and I'm just glad Tyler didn't drop Alvin in the one with the grandkids. :)




There were pumpkins everywhere! I don't know why, but I love pumpkins. I think if I had to list some of my favorite things pumpkins would be one of them. I love candy pumpkins, pumpkin bread, muffins, cookies, pumpkin candles, love the mini pumpkins. I know it's kind of weird. So, I was loving all the pumpkins to take pictures by. I think I drove Chad and the kids crazy with that.


Justin may not have gone on many rides, but was very photogenic this trip.

Julia and Madison can't get enough of each other and had a blast with their cousins.




We got back to the hotel exhausted every night. I've never seen Tyler so excited to go to bed and Justin was usually asleep after being in the car about 1 minute. Here is a classic of the boys. Justin is actually faking being asleep though, but his big brother is out.

I love going to Disneyland - it is the "Happiest Place on Earth!" Can't wait to go back in December with Chad's family. Good times!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Can't wait til we go to WDW in Feb!
Jackson's a big fan of Mickey too. When we were at Disneyland last Feb, he could have spent the whole day in Minnie and Mickey's house if we'd let him!
You have so many cute pictures! Love them!

Abby said...

How fun to go when it's all decorated for Halloween! Looks like you all had a blast. I love the picture of Justin pretending to sleep, so funny!

I agree with Nikki, you took such great pictures! How could you not... you have some of the cutest kids around! :)

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures Michelle! Makes me want to see Disneyland at Halloween too. We talked forever last night about all the rides the kids wanted to go on in December. Joshua thinks he can just go with Tyler around the parks. Chad, do you remember when mom let us do this with the Garricks? We would meet back at the castle at a certain time? I am not sure how old we were - seems like we would have had to have been a lot older.....great pictures.

Carrie Hazar said...

Good times. I am so glad you guys joined the season ticket holders club. Now we can go together whenever our little hearts desire (and when our hubbies agree to it)!