Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to School . . .


Well, the fun days of summer are officially over! Tyler went back to school on Monday. He is in 3rd grade now - which seems really old to me. He is actually loving being back at school with all his friends. He loves his teacher and is really excited that they have a class guinea pig. It's name is "Marshmellow" and I hesitantly signed a permission slip that said he could come home with us for a weekend. His teacher picks a kid's name out of a hat each weekend and they get to take it home. Chad was even more excited about it than I was. :)

You would think that school starting would make things easier, but it is actually almost more work. Tyler helps out a lot when he's home and we feel kind of lonely without him. Justin asks all day, "Where's Tyler?" I loved having all 3 kids home all summer! I feel so blessed to be able to spend my days just playing and hanging out with them. Julia is off to preschool on Monday and is very excited about that. I'm sure we'll be back with her first day of school news, too.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I didn't realize we both had 3rd graders! It is sad that summer is over - my kids just tracked off for three weeks for more summer break. but with everyone else back to school it feels strange to be out at the pool. Tyler is so handsome!!

Carolyn said...

3rd grade??? Tyler you are adorable. Such a handsome boy and a great big brother it sounds like! Are you still teaching classes Michelle?

Michelle Cherrington said...

I am teaching still. I teach at 2 different clubs and love it! It's a fun way to make a little extra money.

Nabby Hazar said...

i use to babysit destiny's rat and david wasn't too happy about it. One time i went to church without david and wondered what was taking him so long and when he finally came he said the rat had escaped and he had been chasing it down, so watchout for the guinea pig to escape:)

Mom said...

I can't believe how tall Tyler is getting - and can't believe he and Joshua are in 3rd grade. Enjoy these years - you young moms. They are the best (though busy and hard) - but so fun. Almost as good as being a grandma:)