
Chad will attest to the fact that I love to go to the grocery store! I think I got it from my Jido(Grandpa Hazar). He used to hang out in the produce section and once told me it was "the best place to meet some ladies." I caught him there once when I was working for my dad - going to check out his products in the store with my cousin Julie. Jido was right there by the bananas and I think we kind of caught him flirting - which threw him off guard a little. :) He also used to carry a bag of Tootsie Rolls and hand them out to people, probably mostly to "the ladies."
Anyway, I always go to Fry's with the kids on Monday after I teach a Step class. This particular day they were not liking it at all. Justin was screaming as I checked out. I had buckled him in the car he had begged to ride in and he was yelling, "Mommy help me! Mommy get me out of here!" as I unloaded my groceries and paid. I think the checker thought I was a bad mom for not letting him out, but I knew if I did he would be running all over the store and I would have lost all control.
There is an old man that always sits at this coffee shop right at the front of the store and my kids love it when he is there. He always smiles at them, says hello and every once in awhile pulls out this old Polaroid camera and asks if he can take a picture for us to have. The first time he did it I thought it was a little weird, but as we have seen him more and more I realize he him coming to the store and seeing the mothers and their children just brightens his day. He once told me, "Cherish every moment with your kids. You'll blink and they'll be gone and then you just won't know what to do with yourself." Anyway, here we are. I'm sure this picture will be a classic some day.







5 comments:
So cute, Michelle. This blogging is really fun - well, reading everyone's blogs:) Taking three at any age to the store is an adventure!
Ahhh the grocery store. Sometimes it's fine with all the kids along (although we may buy mor esnacks that way!). Usually it's not a fun experience. Did you ever read what happened to me with a screaming little in my cart?
http://nikbok.blogspot.com/2008/04/dont-you-know-what-to-do.html
You do what you need to do with the screamers and hope the other moms understand... which they should.
Sounds like your kids have some fun tradtions going on at your store. :) Cool that you documented the shopping trip with a picture!
Oh Nikki - I can't believe that lady did that to you. So sad! Some people just don't get it. You are such a good mom and were just trying to do a sweet thing for your kids. It is a good thing Greg wasn't there. :)
cute workout outfit. you look great for just coming from the gym.
It's one of my Target specials. :) Just found out they're building a SuperTarget right by my house. So exciting!!
Post a Comment