We tried to get him to wear his birthday hat, but couldn't convince him to put it on even for one picture.
Here he gave us a little smile, but that was about it, until . . . . .
THE CAKE!!!! Yes, I have 3 children and they have had 14 birthdays between the three of them. I regret to say I have never attempted to decorate a fancy cake. So, because we didn't give Justin a big party this year, I thought I could at least make him a cake. So, yesterday I googled "easy car cake" and this is what I found.
As you can see by Justin's happier mood - it did the trick! He loves anything having to do with Cars and loves cake, so after the sugar rush he was ready to party!
He opened presents . . . .
. . . . giggled as his daddy threw him up in the air (one of his favorite things to do).
. . . . and the highlight of his day was running around the kitchen with his new shorts on his head chasing our chihuahua Carmen.
Justin is such a fun boy!!! There are so many things I love about him! He makes us laugh all day long and entertains us with his funny sense of humor. He is already telling jokes and is always saying "Watch this Mommy!" as he takes off doing something crazy. He has the cutest smile I have ever seen with a little dimple in his cheek. He is going through a Mommy phase right now, which I love. He likes to "cuddle with mama" and gives the best hugs. He is also freakishly strong for his age! He's got these little muscles on his arms that can only be from his daddy. He loves to play baseball with Tyler, color with Julia, and wrestle with his daddy. He talks so much and already can say his own little prayers. He loves to sing and makes up his own little songs about all kinds of things. He is very polite, too. He almost always says "peez (please)" when he asks for something and always remembers to say "thank you" with the cutest little voice. Anyway, I could go on all night about Justin. I am just so glad he's a part of our family and loved celebrating his birthday today.







7 comments:
What a fun night. I love this little boy. He is so fun. He loves Mickey Mouse, baseball, the Wii, his brother and sister, cars, chippies (chips), his blankies, and especially, his Mama. He loves Daddy too, but nothing makes him happier than Michelle. That makes two of us. Michelle did a wonderful job tonight on not only the cake, but also the rest of the food. We had a very fun Sunday birthday night.
Happy birthday Justin! He seems like such a happy little boy. Cute cake Michelle!
You did a great job on the cake Michelle! Justin sure is a cute little boy!
We had so much fun at Justin's party and just wanted to tell him how much we love him. It has been so fun seeing him come into his little own person and he always brings a smile to my face. I know Cali has definately fallen in love with him and I am not sure at what age we should break it to her that she can't actually marry him! HA! What a fun night it was and thanks again for the party favors! TJ wanted me to pass along that the food was spectacular (in his defense, he said it was his free day!!) :)
What a cute little man! I wish we could see him in person! :) Great cake- doesn't look like the first time you've done one!
What a cute cake...a new talent you never realized! It sounds like Justin is an amazing little guy. Wish we knew him better and I'm so grateful to be able to get to know about your kids through blogging! I love that the cake made him perk right up. And Chad...you are an awesome husband....always so supportive and loving toward Michelle. I don't blame you! You are a lucky, lucky man. :) p.s.....Michelle, are you loving S.Y.T.Y.C.D.????
Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I am LOVING SYTYCD!!! They are all so good - although I'm kind of glad Chris went home. I love Joshua, Will, Twitch, Kherrington?, there's lots of good ones. I think we watched that samba with Joshua about 3x at least. Oh, and Chelsie and Mark's dance was amazing! Can you tell I'm a fan. :)
Post a Comment