Friday, May 21, 2010

From Michowl

So, when I feel guilty for not keeping up with my blog I at least change my background. At least I am doing something! For those of you that don't know, a few years ago my big manly husband came running in the house after taking out the trash - white as a ghost. I thought he saw someone get shot, was being chased by someone with a chainsaw . . . I had no idea what had just happened. He then, out of breath from running, told me that he had seen an owl. What?!?! I thought he was joking. Well, apparently he had a fear of owls that I had never heard of before. It completely freaks him out that they don't blink, turn their heads all the way around, etc.

Well, word got out about this and it has been the source of many jokes directed towards Chad. Pretty much everyone knows he hates owls now and mocks him for it. Our kids tell everyone their daddy hates owls. We have had those creepy owl lawn decorations left on our front porch a few times now. We have a picture of Woodsy the Owl our dear friends gave us framed on the desk in our office. Now, everywhere we look there are owls. You can find them on notebooks, kids clothes and pajamas, greeting cards, the list goes on. They are even making a full-length animated movie about owls. Even I was creeped out by this one. If you haven't seen the preview you have to watch it. Legend of the Guardians I was priviledged to be sitting right next to Chad when we saw this in the movie theater for the first time. His mouth was wide open and he was horrified.

So, of course I just happened upon this clever little blog background for our family blog. This one's for you Mr. Cherrington. Enjoy!

**Some dramatization may have been used in this story. :)

3 comments:

Carrie Hazar said...

I can't wait to give Chad his own personal copy of Legand of the Guardians for his next birthday! I am truly looking forward to it! :)

lyn said...

my mom is full blooded cherokee and believes owls are a sign of death. needless to say, i've never had much affection towards them either. that being said, i had to laugh when i read chad was running from one! haha

Nabby Hazar said...

That is so funny. How did I not know this? I never know Chad had any fears. He is the most fearless person I know. It's a cute background though:) We miss you guys. I just updated my blog finally so you can see us.