Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gymnastics!

Julia has recently started taking gymnastics at Arizona Sunrays. She's been taking dance since she was 3 and has always mentioned she would like to try gymnastics out. Well, as soon as she took her first class she was hooked. She ran out to me as soon as the class was over and begged me to take her back to do it again. She immediately called her dad to tell him all about it and asked me no less than 30 times that first day if she could take gymnastics every week. Well, we have continued to do the classes and she is loving every second of it! Her 2 aunts - Natalie and Kim - were great gymnasts when they were young and Julia is actually taking her class from one of the girls Natalie used to compete with.

Most nights Julia can be found doing cartwheels, handstands and backbends on the family room floor while we hang out. She can't get enough of it and I love watching Chad watch her do it. He gets so proud of her when she masters a new trick and is a great spotter. He grew up going to his sisters' meets and was their biggest fan. He even sported a tie on most occasions to show his respect for the sport. :)

Here are some shots of Julia showing off some of her skills. I'm thinking she'll be ready for the family handstand contest in no time.



6 comments:

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

It wasn't out of respect for the sport. It was to get the babes.

Tyler James said...

I have know idea what you just said.I'm being surrounded by crazy parents.

Tyler James said...

I miss spelled know.(no)

Carrie Hazar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Hazar said...

SO cute...Julia is suddenly looking so tall with those long legs of hers. I am pretty sure her handstand form has already surpassed her dad's. My favorite thing about your blog is reading Tyler's comments. He cracks me up...keep them coming!

Nabby Hazar said...

that is so crazy that she can do that. she looks so strong holding that handstand. i love the picture below of justin showing his muscles.