Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Celebrity Sightings!!!

Well, the past couple of days have been exciting for our family!! It started when we went to the gym and one of Tyler's friends ran up to him saying "Shaq's here! You've gotta see him!" Sure enough he was there and was easy to spot. You never can get over how tall he actually is. Tyler was very excited and I must say that it was fun seeing him there.

Then, today my sister-in-law Carrie invited us to go to her daughters' gym where they take gymnastics to see Nastia Liukin!!!! I think I was more excited about it than Julia was. :) We had so much fun watching gymnastics during the Olympics and Nastia was Julia's favorite because of her "pink leotard." Julia and her cousin Madison were talking about the leotard before we went and were trying to figure out what color of pink it actually was. I have come to find out with a daughter who is obsessed with all things pink that there are many different kinds of pink. Hot pink is her favorite!

Anyway, Carrie and I went with Julia, Justin, Madison and Cali and it was quite the event. Julia and Justin were fighting each other as Nastia kindly answered questions from the kids. Here I can't tell if Julia's having fun or about to silently strangle her brother.

Then, we waited in line for autographs and the kids ran wild on the tumbling mat. Julia kept wanting to show her gymnastics pose. I know there's a term for it that her aunts probably know - but it's how she would "stick it!" She wanted me to take about 10 pictures of her like this. Maybe she'll follow in Aunt Natalie and Aunt Kim's footsteps someday.

So - this is classic - after waiting for about an hour for an autograph Julia went up and got her picture with Nastia. Julia quickly grabbed it from her and ran away so fast. I stopped her to take a picture. She first put her back to me then Nastia told her to turn around and she gave me this pose . . . . .

What is that?!?! She told me she made that face because she was so excited to meet her. :) She also told me when we got there that she was "just a little shy." I think she was a little overwhelmed. Anyway, Nastia gave all the kids a really nice autographed picture of her leaping in her pink leotard. Julia and Madison were very happy girls.

As soon as we got home Julia wanted to frame her picture and hang it on her wall in her room. Luckily I found a frame in our storage closet and we hung it up on - you guessed it - her PINK wall!

It was a very exciting day and we were very grateful Carrie invited us to tag along.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow! That is some exciting stuff!! Very cool!

Abby said...

How fun for Julia..and you! I bet she will always remember that.

Mom said...

I can't believe you got to see her. It reminds me of the old gymnastics days...lots of good memories made there :)