Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Trip to Utah

Well, it's been awhile since I've updated. We went to Provo for 4th of July and I got a little sidetracked. We had so much fun!!! We stayed with my brother David and his family, which was great because the kids could play together a lot. My other brother TJ and his family came and my parents, too, which made it even more fun! The first day we were there was 4th of July. We went to Center Street to the little fair they have there. The snow cones were delicious and we also got to eat at Hickory Kist - our favorite sandwich shop. Chad and I ate at every Saturday when we lived in Provo. Delicious!

Later that day Chad entertained the kids while I got my hair done by my sister-in-law Nabby. She is so talented at what she does and I love going to her salon she has in their basement. As you can see Chad had a great time with the kids. They did their dogpile, played duck duck goose (Justin's favorite), and other fun games. Chad is really just a big kid himself and kids just love him. I am grateful for it!

Julia got her haircut, too and gets so excited for Aunt Nabby to cut her hair. I think she asked her to do it as soon as we got to their house. I love Julia's hair shorter and Nabby cut it with the cutest little style to it.

We went to the Stadium of Fire and saw Miley Cyrus - so exciting!!!! I think I was more excited than the kids. We like dancing to her music and they know a lot of her songs. I was so mad because before we went I looked up to see if you could bring cameras and it said you couldn't on the website. Well, when we got there EVERYONE had cameras. So, I have no pictures, but we did have a great time. My favorite part was when they had people serving in the military unroll a huge flag across the field while we sang the "Star Spangled Banner." They also had parachuters jump and land right on the field. That was amazing! My other favorite part was realizing that Tyler and Julia both knew all the words to "God Bless America." I had no idea. They told me Grandma Janet taught it to them at their last sleepover. Julia kept singing it over and over as we walked home. :)

Right across the street from my brother's house was a flag painted on the fence, so we took lots of pictures of the kids there. Here are the grandkids - all but my newest nephew Alvin.

Here are Tyler, Julia and Justin - I think they were pretty tired of the pictures at this point.

My cute little nephew Alvin was blessed that Sunday. My brother gave a beautiful blessing. Alvin is such a good baby and is so happy and smiley. Here is my family and Nabby's mom and dad outside the church.

The last day we were there we went to see the BYU Baseball Stadium. Tyler was dying to see it and we drove by it many times, but that day the gate was open and we were able to go in. We got to see the field close-up and although Tyler was worried we were going to get in trouble for sneaking in, we got some good pictures. I don't think if anyone had seen us they would have said anything because Chad looks like he could be one of the coaches with his BYU shirt on. :)


I love going to Utah! It brings back many memories of when Chad and I used to live there. Tyler always gets excited, too because as he always says, it is his "home state." He was born in Orem and we moved to Arizona when he was about 5 months old. The kids love going to BYU to see where we went to school and point out the Y on the mountain everywhere we go. It is also so beautiful there in the summer. So green and pretty and the mountains are gorgeous! We definitely had a great time and hope to go back to visit soon.

2 comments:

Nabby Hazar said...

I love the dog pile photo and Julia's hair looks so cute.

Carolyn said...

Glad you had fun. Wish we could've gotten together!